Monday, January 10, 2011

Prayers for a bunch of wonderful people

I am so thankful I have a relationship with the Lord. It has been times like the last few weeks that I feel the need to lean heavily on Him for answers to prayers.

First for my brother in law David - his lovely wife Libby and Will's "little bub" (our neice) Erin. David was deployed to Kuwait and left on Friday. He will return sometime in May. Although for a military guy it is just part of the job, the rest of us probably don't quite understand that. For his family, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for his safety and are thankful for men and women like him would protect and serve our country daily. When he gets home though ... we are taking our yearly trip with David's family and Nick's parents to Disney (SHHHH - the kids have no idea). It will be quite the suprise when we tell them when their Uncle Dave returns.

Our second request is a difficult one for me to write. Over Christmas Will's teacher was disgnosed with synovial sarcoma - Stage 4. She is a fighter let me tell you. If anyone can lick this thing (and quick) it is her! She is a wife and a mom - and she's quite young (younger than me). This whole thing has rocked my world! Will LOVES her so much and tells me everyday he misses her. Although we have explained that she is working on getting better ... he asks his substitute daily if ** is there today! Please lift Will's teacher up in your prayers over the next few months. She is fighting the fight of a lifetime and I am determined (and so is she according to her husband) that she WILL win! God challenges us in so many ways ... but he also stands behind us and provides us the support and the will to forge ahead.

We thank you for thinking of those that are our loved ones. We believe in the power of prayer and we can't do it alone.

Soon I will be celebrating the birth of my niece or nephew. I am so looking forward to that too! Babies can bring so much love and joy to the world ... and I can't wait to give my brother my sisterly advice on parenting skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment